Archive for September, 2009
The Chester Theatre Group has won two NJACT “Perry Awards” for their 2008-2009 production “On Golden Pond.”
The Chester Theatre Group’s winners were; Outstanding Lead Actor in a Play: Rich Maloy, and Outstanding Properties: Lynn Hart, Pat Dougherty. The Chester Theatre Group performs at the historic Black River Playhouse in Chester, N.J.
The NJACT Perry Awards are given for outstanding achievements in community theater. More than 200 shows produced by theater companies around the state are submitted each year.
Congrats to Rich, Lynn and Pat!!!
Tags: dougherty, hart, maloy, on golden pond, Perry Awards
Posted in News, Perry Awards | Comments Off
Trace the remarkable 50 year writing career of Sir Alan Ayckbourn while re-living scenes from the dozen Ayckbourn plays that have been produced by Chester Theatre Group (also celebrating their 50th year), including four American premieres! Members of the CTG original casts reassemble for a memorable evening, including a piece of Ayckbourn writing never heard on any American stage!
Scenes from THE NORMAN CONQUESTS, ABSURD PERSON SINGULAR, BEDROOM FARCE, RELATIVELY SPEAKING, WOMAN IN MIND, FAMILY CIRCLES, TIME OF MY LIFE, BODY LANGUAGE, SNAKE IN THE GRASS, and IMPROBALE FICTION!
- Mary Claire Cardoni (Bedroom Farce, Absurd Person Singular)
- Patrick Carpenter (The Norman Conquests)
- Dawn Fantasia (Family Circles, Time of My Life)
- Ellen Fraker Glasscock (Ayckbourn debut)
- Hannah Hendry (Woman in Mind, The Norman Conquests)
- Carol Holland (The Norman Conquests)
- Valerie Stack Dodge (Body Language)
- Rich Maloy (Time of My Life)
- Ruth Morley (The Norman Conquests)
- Chris Mortenson (The Norman Conquests)
- Thomas Moynahan (Woman in Mind)
- Julianne DiPietro Renshaw (Snake in the Grass, Improbable Fiction)
- Eric Rolland (Improbable Fiction)
- Bob Sackstein (Bedroom Farce, Absurd Person Singular, Time of My Life, Body Language, Improbable Fiction, Woman in Mind, The Norman Conquests, Table Manners)
- Dixon Stearns (Bedroom Farce)
- Judy Stone (Body Language)
- Elizabeth Urcinoli (Improbable Fiction)
- Dave Villepique (Body Language)
- Eileen Waite (Absurd Person Singular, Table Manners, Time of My Life)
Directed & Written by Michael T. Mooney
Two Performances Only! $10 admission
Presented on September 25 & 26, 2009 at 8 PM. This event is sponsored by the 4A’s.
Posted in 2009-2010, Calendar, Readings | Comments Off